Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Is the Universe Pranking Me?

...It is, after all, April Fool's day.

  I wanted to snap some photos of my art room, in all it's "a-tornado-must-have-gone-through-here" glory.  It would have been a post showing just how many projects I have on the go at once, and how many different KINDS of projects I have on the go at once.  Not to mention, my inspiration board, and all of the cool stuff I clutter my space with that also inspires me!
  The idea for ME was to put that out there, and be shamed into properly organizing it again, as I had done not too long ago, (believe it or not.)

  Well, I managed to get a couple of photos.  Then, the batteries in my camera died.  After replacing them three times, and it still not working, I've decided that my camera has died.  Until I find my old camera (it's sooooo horribly bad, too), I thought I'd try using the webcam on my mini laptop...but I'm in the process of Googling that right now, as my laptop never came with any software for the freakin' camera!

  Oh, and my phone?  I use it for emergencies only, and have no idea how to use the camera on it.  (I hate the phone, you guys, so really, you'll probably never see me carry around a cell phone that isn't just tucked in my purse for emergencies.  I really don't WANT anyone to be able to contact me.  I'm living life!  Leave me a message at home, right?  Sorry - this is a craft-type blog, not the rant-type blog I've always dreamed of having, but I don't want to offend anyone...)

  I can't even find the DS to use as a camera!  HAHA!  It's actually funny how I'm striking out, here!

  To be honest, I feel like unplugging today anyway.  I can't believe a single post I read on facebook (as I've said, it's April Fool's Day), and I really should get a head start on my Spring house cleaning now that the snow looks to (maybe) finally be melting!

  I know it's difficult to tell the tone of "voice" in written form, so let me just assure you, I'm not really ranting in a miserable, grumpy way.  I am actually amused at my little predicament!  I just really wanted to get a blog post up today, since I'd neglected the last few days.

  I'll end this by showing a couple of the photos I managed to take before my camera died.  Think of it as a preview of a future post!

 
You can see that all manner of bright toys and knick-knacks inspire me.  We've got Smurfs, Betty Boop, Belle, cupcakes, Return to Oz, and a beautiful card my friend brought me back from Ireland.  Oh, and there are some necklaces hanging there, too - I did make something, it's not just a kitschy museum!

My cork board with a Jem puzzle, Disney cards I'd received, a Pokemon origami, an art project my nephew made for me, and many cut-outs of things that inspire me, mostly jewelry, and some musicians with quirky styles I like.

This last photo is one I've shown before, on my very first post, I believe.  You can see all of the projects on the go - ribbon, puzzle-pieces, beads, quilled paper pieces, etc.

  If you couldn't tell, my art space is in our (as yet, unfinished) basement.  I love basements, unfinished or finished.  I don't know why.

  Anyway!  My non-post has become my most long-winded!

  I hope no one's getting pranked TOO badly this April Fool's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Clutter is the sign off a creative mind. I have decreed it so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I just also love organization. "Organized Clutter" is what I'm going for. :)

      Delete